Phuket Travel Guide 2020
Impressions of Phuket
The original soundtrack of Phuket comes from Bukit in Malay, which means "mountain" and has the reputation of "Andaman Sea Pearl". The tourism industry has been developed here for more than 30 years. The unique natural environment has made Phuket an internationally renowned resort island and is also favored by Chinese tourists. The clear waters and colorful activities allow you to put aside the fast-paced life, forget your worries and worry, and feel free like a fish in the water. The sun sets, the beautiful sunset is reflected in the hearts of the vast sea, and the shocking picture is impressive. As night falls, the lively nightlife brings you another side of Phuket, letting you get back that young surging heart.
Phuket is Thai territory, so a Thai visa is required. Visas can be obtained in advance or can be signed on the ground. However, in view of the actual situation of airports in Thailand, tourists are advised to obtain visas before departure, and usually can issue visas within 3-8 days.
Location: Thai Embassy (Consulate)
Visa cost: 230-280 yuan
Visa validity: 3 months
Duration: 60 days
Phuket Highlights 6 Day Tour
D1: Patong Beach-Chalong Temple-Immortal Peninsula-Rawai Seafood Market
D2: Phi Phi Island-Bamboo Island
D3: Emperor Island-Coral Island
D4: Karon Observation Deck-Kata Beach-Karon Beach-Banzan Seafood Market-FantaSea
D5: Similan Islands
D6: Jiangxi Cold Shopping Center-Patong Bar Street
Best travel season
November to April is the dry season in Phuket. The famous Thai Songkran Festival is held in mid-April, and some famous diving resorts are only open during this time. For tourists, they can not only experience the festival, but also It is the best time to go diving in various sea areas. The rest of the time is the rainy season in Phuket. The chances of rain and wind and waves are high, and the uncertainty is greater for water entertainment. In addition, since Phuket has become one of the most popular island resorts for domestic tourists, so every time there is a legal holiday, there will be more tourists.
Consumption and payment
Consumption in Phuket is not high compared to domestic, but it is higher in Thailand. Usually, a simple meal of 20 yuan is almost enough. If you eat seafood at about 100 yuan per capita, convenience stores can use Alipay and WeChat, UnionPay cards can also be used in Phuket, and it is very convenient to withdraw money.
If you want to change money, it is recommended to change it in China first, and it is recommended to make an appointment with the bank one day in advance. The exchange rate of RMB to Thai Baht directly in Thailand is relatively low. It is recommended to use US dollars or other common currencies. The exchange rate at the airport's money exchange counter is the lowest. It is not recommended to exchange here.
Recommended must visit
Play time: 1 day
Highlights: Emperor Island is famous for its leisure time. It is the most worthwhile "Xanadu" island, and it is also a snorkeling mecca. The original scenery is preserved here, the water quality is very clear, reefs and corals are everywhere, and there are many kinds of fish. The island has Chinese diving agencies and can get internationally recognized PADI open water licenses. Due to the limited number of diving instructors, make sure to make an appointment early.
Play time: half a day
Highlights: Patong Beach is one of the earliest and most mature beaches in Phuket, with a total length of 3 kilometers, smooth beaches and gentle waves. During the day, beach chairs, sun umbrellas, Thai massages, braids, motor boats, banana boats, towing umbrellas are everywhere. At night, seafood stalls, various shops selling souvenirs, and bars make it the most lively place in Phuket. Visitors may wish to experience the bar culture in Phuket.
Play time: 1 hour
Highlights: Chalong Temple in Chalong Bay is the largest and oldest Buddhist temple on Phuket. There are 108 golden Buddhas in the temple, and the incense is full of incense. The light refracted by the golden roof is even more beautiful under the blue sky and green trees. Here you can experience the atmosphere of Theravada Buddhism in Thailand, and you can also wear local clothes to take photos and wedding photos in the temple.
Play time: half a day
Highlights: Kata has 2 beautiful bays that are W-shaped in appearance and are nicknamed by locals as Big Kata and Little Kata. The beach is calm and clear, and the sea is clear, suitable for leisure and diving, attracting many tourists who like peace. The scenery on the postcard of Phuket is here, and it is also one of the famous places to enjoy the sunset at dusk.
Play time: 2 hours
Highlights: The immortal peninsula at the southernmost point of Phuket is the best place to watch the sunset. Because it is on the top of the mountain, the view is very wide, and there are many new people here to take wedding photos. In addition to the natural beauty, the four-faced Buddha believed by the Thai people is also worshipped on the immortal peninsula. The secret base mentioned in the Thai movie "I love you" is here, and many fans come here to explore.
Play time: 3 hours
Highlights: FantaSea has won the Thailand's Best Tourist Attractions Award for several consecutive years and is the best place for night tours. The park is mainly for performance dining. The whole scenery is very dreamy and exquisite, with traditional Thai characteristics and elements everywhere, suitable for all ages, and a must-visit for parent-child travel.
Play time: half a day
Highlights: Coral Island has always been a private vacation island of the Royal Thai aristocracy, and it was only recently opened to the public. This island is also home to the most water sports in Phuket, with everything from diving, underwater walks, banana boats, motorboats, parachutes to the sea, and more. The beach is full of deck chairs, and it is also a good choice to come here for a quiet sunbathing.
Play time: 3 hours
Highlights: Karon is Phuket's third largest beach and one of the longest beaches on the island. The seawater is bluer, the sand is finer, there are not many water activities, and the seaside atmosphere is more relaxed. The waves are high, which is very suitable for surfing. There is an observation deck on the beach, which can overlook the three major beaches of Patong, Karon and Kata from the hill.
When it comes to Phuket, seafood is one of the main cuisines. When buying seafood, you can go to Rawai Seafood Market, Banzan Seafood Market, and various seafood shops. Lobster, Ki Wai Prawn, Pippi Shrimp, etc. are all available, fresh and delicious. If you don't want to eat seafood, there are also snacks, Thai food, and even Chinese food. If you are a couple, you must experience a candlelit dinner at the beach, which is absolutely unforgettable.
Seafood, night market stalls, curry, etc.
Rawai Seafood Market, Restaurant 6, Restaurant Kata Cuit, Cullen Cliff Restaurant.
Must visit shopping district
When you come to Phuket for shopping, the most worthwhile purchase is cosmetics, especially L'Oreal is very cheap. Many well-known large shopping centers are all one-stop shopping for meals, but you can have a refreshing day out. In addition, Big C is a local Thai supermarket that is close to the people. It is very common in Thailand. The products here are not only affordable, but also many local products and snacks are unique to Thailand. Therefore, it has become a shopping hotspot for many foreign tourists. There is a 7-eleven convenience store within 1-2 kilometers of Phuket, which is cheap and meets the needs of travel.
Mosquito repellent, cosmetics, latex pillow, NaRaYa bag.
Jiangxi Cold Shopping Center, Big C, Boots, Shangtai Shopping Center, King Power Duty Free Shop.
Phuket tax refunds are generally only available in large formal malls, with a tax refund amount of 7%, starting at 2,000 baht. When you apply for tax refund at the airport, you need to pay a processing fee of 100 baht per tax refund form, so try to centralize the receipt of the tax refund form in the same department store receipt to reduce the processing fee. You need to bring your passport with you when shopping, or remember your passport number.
There are airports in Phuket. There are direct flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Changsha and other cities, but not every day. Many tourists choose to transfer from Bangkok to Phuket, and there is a flight every 1-2 hours, which is very convenient. There is a bus from the airport to Phuket Town, which departs every 1-2 hours and operates from 5: 30-18: 30. There are also ways to share cars and minibuses, which are also more convenient. If you want to save money, you can also take a car from Bangkok to Phuket, but the drive takes 8 hours, but the condition is good. If tourists have booked a hotel in Phuket, they can also ask if they have a pick-up service, especially for tourists arriving at night, it is strongly recommended to choose a hotel pick-up.
Local public transportation
Public transportation in Phuket is not very convenient, there are few bus lines, taxis are only available at the airport, the most commonly used means of transportation is tutu, and chartered and rented cars can be used for self-driving tours.
Sudden cars: Sudden cars are most common in tourist gathering areas, and the body is often painted in red, yellow and other conspicuous colors, beckon and stop, and bargaining is required to get on the car.
Motorcycles: Motorcycles are found in Patong and Phuket towns. Drivers are wearing red, pink, green, and blue vests, which usually cost from THB 50.
Double car: The price of a double car is 25 to 40 baht. There is no fixed station. The interval is about half an hour, and the operation time is about 6 pm.
Bus: No. 1 bus route from the airport to Phuket Town. The departure time is 9:00, 10:30, 12:00, 14:30, 16:00, 18:30, 20:00. Prices range from 30-100 baht per person. Route 2 runs from Patong to Phuket Town every 30 minutes from 7:00 to 18:00. The fare is 30 baht. You can beckon when you see a bus along the way.
Shuttle Bus: There are two shuttle bus lines in Phuket (operating from Monday to Saturday). Line A runs directly from Phuket Town to Patong Beach. Line B stops at halfway, and the fare varies according to the distance.
Island hopping: You need to take a ferry to the surrounding islands. You can go to the pier by yourself, or you can book a ferry ticket through the hotel front desk or a travel agency. This will have a convenient shuttle service.
Car rental: There are many travel agencies or simple motorcycle rental shops in Phuket Town that provide motorcycle rental services. It is suitable for visiting the surrounding beaches or viewpoints to watch the sunset on a daily basis. Patong Beach can not only rent common cars, but also manual convertible convertible jeep, it is recommended to test drive before formal rental. Drivers must have international driving licenses, motorcycle drivers and passengers need to wear helmets, traffic police checkpoints will be set up on busy and main roads, and fines will be imposed if they do not wear helmets. There are more mountain roads in Phuket, and there are more motorcycles on the road, and the driving direction is opposite to China. Try to drive slowly to the left. It is also recommended to buy travel insurance.
Phuket, Thailand, is an hour behind Beijing time.
Compared with WIFI, mobile card access to the Internet is more convenient and can be purchased directly at local convenience stores. At present, DTAC company has launched a tourist card of 299 baht, which can enjoy unlimited Internet access and 100 baht in 7 days. Hotels in Phuket all provide Wi-Fi service, but some will charge a certain fee and the Internet speed is slow.
Save money coup
Many local tour items in Phuket are sold online, the price is slightly lower than in the local area, and you can buy them in advance before departure.
There are many small travel agencies in Phuket town, and the prices are not much different. When applying for group tours or buying ferry tickets to the sea, you can choose a travel agency near the hotel. Some travel agencies also provide rental motorcycle services.
It is not recommended to live in a private inn on the second or third floor of Phuket Town.
Take off your shoes before entering the temple hall, put your shoes neatly outside the door, and cross your knees with your pants or skirt.
Avoid flying immediately after diving, and generally do not fly within 24 hours after a deep dive.
The Thai people have great respect for the royal family and must not do anything disrespectful to the royal family, even if it is verbal.
- 1 2020 Top 10 New Year's Travel Good Places 10P
- 2 Bolivia Sky Mirror Travel Guide 16P
- 3 Top 10 most fascinating tourist destinations in December! 10P
- 4.Philippines 9th Travel Guide 25P
- 5 Top 10 most amazing autumn and early winter beauty spots in November 10P
- 6 Brazil Travel Guide 17P
- 7 October's top ten most unusual scenery 10P
- 8. South Korea Free Travel 5 Days Travel Guide 20P
- 9 Lake Baikal Blue Ice Adventure Travel Guide 12P
- 10 Sabah Semporna Island Free Tour Guide 16P
- 11 Vietnam Nha Trang Travel Guide 12P
- 12 Kyoto Japan Travel Guide 18P
- 13 Top 10 most beautiful places to visit in September 10P
- 14 Chiang Mai Free Walking Tour Guide 14P
- 15 US East Coast Travel Guides 18P
- 16 US Self-driving Beginner's Guide 7P
- 17 US West Coast Self-driving Tour Guide 14P
- 18. Phuket Travel Guide 12P
- 19 Top 10 Best Tourist Resorts in August! 10P
- 20.Vietnam Travel Guide 25P
- 21 Jeju Island Travel Guide 11P
- 22 Hong Kong Free Travel Guide 13P
- 23 Top 10 Must-See Resorts in July! 10P
- 24 Top Ten Best Tourist Attractions in June! 10P
- 25 Top 10 Best Resorts in April! 10P
- 26 China's top ten most beautiful cherry blossom viewing sites! 10P
- 27 March Top Ten Most Beautiful Early Spring Flower Raiders! 10P
- 28.10 wise and good places to spend the New Year! 10P
- Top 10 best places to play in 29.1! 10P
- 30. Recommended tourist attractions in October 10P
- Top 10 most awesome views in 31.9 in 10P
- 32. Top 10 Popular Douyin Attractions in Wuhan 10P
- 33. Xi'an Top Ten Douyin Popular 10P
- 34. Chengdu Top Ten Douyin Trends 10P
- 35. Chongqing Top Ten Douyin Spots 10P
- 36. Top 10 Museums in China 10P
- 37. Tombs of the Ten Great Emperors of China 9P
- 38. Ten Cathedrals of the World 10P
- 39. China's top ten ancient towers 10P
- 40. Top 10 Ancient Streets in China
- 41. China's Top Ten TV Towers 10P
- 42. China's top ten film and television cities 10P
- 43. Top 10 Famous Buildings in China
- 10 great places to play in 44.5 months! 10P
- 45.4 Top Ten Most Visited Spring Resorts in May! 10P
- 46. Top 10 most popular tourist destinations in December! 10P
- 47. Zhangjiakou Basong Chongli Three-day Travel Guide 10P
- 48. Shaoshan Free Walking Tour Guide 12P
- 49. Huizhou Free Walking Tour Guide 16P
- 50. Xiamen Gulangyu Free Walking 3-Day Travel Guide 20P
- 51. Wuyishan Free Walking Tour Guide 16P
- 52. Mohe Free Walking Tour Guide 17P
- 53. Weihai Free Walking Tour Guide 15P
- 54. Hubei Shennongjia Free Travel 4 Days Travel Guide 11P
- 55. Eastern Europe Link Travel Guide for 12 Days 22P
- 56. Hokkaido Japan Travel Guide
- 57. Sichuan-Tibet line self-driving 11-day travel guide 14P
- 58. Jinggangshan Free Walking Tour Guide 16P
- 59. Top 10 most beautiful places to visit in November! 10P
- 60. Travel guide for 12 days in four European countries
- 61. 7 Days Travel Guide for Osaka
- 62. Bali Free Travel 5 Days Travel Guide 19P
- 63. Yan'an Free Walking Tour Guide 15P
- 64. China's Snow Town Free Travel 5 Days Travel Guide 13P
- 65. Maldives 10-Day Travel Guide 16P
- 66. Changbai Mountain Free Walking Tour Guide 14P
- 67. The Strongest National Food Map-Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan! 10P
- 68 The Strongest National Food Map-South China! 10P
- 69 Strongest National Food Map-Southwestern! 16P
- 70 Strongest National Food Map-Northwestern! 16P
- 71 The Strongest National Food Map-Central China! 10P
- 72 Strongest National Food Map-East China! 22P
- 73 The Strongest National Food Map-North China! 16P
- 74 The Strongest National Food Map-Northeast! 10P
- 75. Huangshan Free Walking Tour Guide 16P
- 76. Eleven scenic spots without crowds! 10P
- 77. Xishuangbanna Free Travel 5 Days Travel Guide 20P
- 78. Nanning Free Walking Tour Guide 17P
- 79. Zhangjiajie Free Walking Tour Guide 14P
- 80. Qingdao Three-day Travel Guide 19P
- 81. Hulunbuir Free Travel 5 Days Travel Guide 17P
- 82. Russia's Seven-Day Travel Guide 26P
- 83.German Free Travel 7 Days Travel Guide 30P
- 84. Taiwan Travel Guide
- 85. New Zealand Travel Guide
- 86. The most beautiful autumn scenery in China in September! 10P
- 87. Xining Free Walking Tour Guide 15P
- 88. Urumqi Three-Day Travel Guide 13P
- 89. Britain's 9th Travel Guide 25P
- 90. Yinchuan Free Travel 4 Days Travel Guide 9P
- 91. Canada's Free Travel 8 Days Travel Guide 21P
- 92. 50 Beautiful Worlds That Must Go in Life! 50P
- 93. South Africa 10-Day Travel Guide 17P
- 94. Top Ten Perfect Summer Resorts in China in August! 10P
- 95. The 100 most beautiful scenic spots in China! 100P
- 96. Kunming Three-day Travel Guide 13P
- 97. The ten most beautiful tourist destinations in July! 11P
- 98. Malaysia 6th Travel Guide 25P
- 99. Dubai Free Travel 6 Days Travel Guide 23P
- 100. Cambodia 7th Travel Guide 23P
- 101. Singapore 5 Days Travel Guide 25P
- 102.Thailand Travel Guide
- 103. Zhoushan's Dongji Island Free Tour 2-Day Travel Guide 16P
- 104 Top 10 Unmissable Christmas Markets in the World 10P
- 105.10 Best Experiences of Weihai Tourism 11P
- 106.1 best recommendations for travel in 6P
- 107. Top 10 Summer Lotus Rewards in China 10P
- 108 Best Recommended Travel Tips for April 10P
- 109.12 best recommended travel strategy in December 12P
- 110. Best Travel Tips for October 24P
- 111. Recommended throughout the year! Go on a tour 14P by month
- 112. May Day Travel Guide 10P
- Best recommendations for travel in November
- Best recommendations for travel in November
- 115. Nine Domestic Beauty 9Ps Not to Be Missed in Winter 9P
- 116. Eleven Golden Week Travel Recommendations 10P
- The best recommended strategy for travel in November
- 118.November 6P
- 119. Top 10 Most Popular Ski Resorts in China 10P
- 120. The world's top nine honeymoon couples 18P
- 121. Top 10 Popular Forest Parks in China 10P
- 122. The most beautiful flower resort in spring 14P
- 123. China's five most beautiful forest tourism guide 5P
- 124. Top 10 Best Native American Cultural Experiences 10P
- 125 Tibet Walking Self-driving Travel Guide 14P
- 126. Top 10 Hottest Hot Spring Resorts 22P
- 127. Top ten autumn leaves rewarding spots in China 10P
- 128.10 Unmissable Xiamen Travel Experiences 24P
- 129. China's Six Most Beautiful Cave Travel Strategies 18P
- The best recommended travel strategy for 130.8 months 30P
- 131.7 Best Recommended Travel Tips for October
- 132. China's Six Most Beautiful Canyons Travel Guide 13P
- 133 Top 10 charming night sceneries in China
- 134. China's Top 10 Most Beautiful City Scenic Lake Tourism Guide 10P
- 135. Top 10 Popular Pedestrian Street Travel Guides in the World 36P
- 136.5 best travel recommendations in 20P
- 137.6 best travel recommendations in 20P
- 138. China's top ten seaside tourism strategies 20P
- 139. Spain's Seven-Day Travel Guide 39P
- 140. Australia's Six-Day Travel Guide 15P
- 141. Daocheng Yading Free Travel Seven Days Travel Guide 22P
- 142. Wuyuan Three-Day Travel Guide 29P
- 143. Xi'an Free Walking Tour Guide 22P
- 144. Paris, France, 5-day travel guide 23P
- 145. Guizhou Huangguoshu Free Travel Three Days Travel Guide 12P
- 146. Italy Travel Guide
- 147. Tokyo Japan 5 Days Travel Guide 19P
- 148. Hangzhou Free Walking Tour Guide 13P
- 149. Chengdu Free Travel 6 Days Travel Guide 18P
- 150. Hefei Free Walking Tour Guide 10P
- 151. Haikou Free Walking Tour Guide 14P
- 152. Changsha Free Travel 3 Days Travel Guide 13P
- 153. Lanzhou Free Walking Tour Guide 12P
- 154. Changchun Free Travel 4 Days Travel Guide 9P
- 155. Zhengzhou Free Walking Tour Guide 10P
- 156. Taiyuan Free Walking Tour Guide 9P
- 157. Ningxia Free Walking 5 Days Travel Guide 10P
- 158. Fuzhou Three-Day Travel Guide 12P
- 159. Seven Days Travel Strategy in South Xinjiang 25P
- 160. Guilin Free Walking Tour Guide 17P
- 161. Lhasa Three-Day Travel Guide 11P
- 162. Qinghai Lake Free Walking Tour Guide 11P
- 163. Jiuzhaigou Free Walking Tour Guide 9P
- 164. Jinan Free Walking Tour Guide 8P
- 165. Luoyang Free Walking 3 Days Travel Guide 12P
- 166. Shenyang Free Walking Tour Guide 10P
- 167. Shijiazhuang Free Walking Tour Guide 7P
- 168. Dali Free Walking Tour Guide 10P
- 169. Sanya Free Walking Tour Guide 12P
- 170. Shenzhen Free Walking Tour Guide 13P
- 171. Xitang Wuzhen Free Travel 3-Day Travel Guide 9P
- 172. Beihai Free Travel 2 Days Travel Guide 13P
- 173. Qinhuangdao Three-Day Travel Guide 11P
- 174. Harbin Free Walking Tour Guide 11P
- 175. Hohhot Free Travel 3 Days Travel Guide 13P
- 176. Dalian Free Walking Tour Guide 14P
- 177. Suzhou 4 Days Travel Guide 16P
- 178. Northern Xinjiang Travel Guide
- 179. Nanchang Free Walking Tour Guide 16P
- 180. Guangzhou Free Walking Tour Guide 18P
- 181. Datong Free Walking Tour Guide 11P
- 182. Lijiang Shangri-La Six-Day Travel Guide 12P
- 183. Wuhan Free Walking Tour Guide 16P
- 184. Pingyao Free Walking Tour Guide 7P
- 185. Tianjin Free Walking Tour Guide 17P
- 186. Shanghai Free Walking Tour Guide 15P
- 187. Chongqing Three-day Travel Guide 12P
- 188. Dunhuang Free Walking Tour Guide 9P
- 189. Beijing Three-day Travel Guide 17P
- 190. Nanjing Free Walking Tour Guide 19P
- 191. Zhuhai Free Walking Tour Guide 7P
- 192. Phoenix Ancient City Free Walking Tour Guide 6P
- 193. Kaifeng Free Walking Tour Guide 9P
- 194. Yantai Free Walking Tour Guide 8P